Monday, September 19, 2016

Review: The Wrath and the Dawn

The Wrath and the Dawn The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

***SPOILERS****

This book is strangely hard to review.

I loved the setting. I loved the premise. Renee Ahdieh is clearly a masterful writer. I thought the characters were interesting, well written, altogether well rounded but... I'm not sure I buy into the romance.

It seems impossible to me that Shazi would feel the way she did for Khalid before she discovers that he's not quite the monster everyone believes. I wanted to chalk it up to Stockholm Syndrome but that's clearly not the case. (view spoiler) It rattled me a little, well... a lot, to the point that I almost quit mid-book because it just didn't feel write.

Having said that, I did enjoy the book and I usually NEVER read anything that has a love-triangle in it. I will be reading the second book because I'm anxious to see how Tariq's psyche holds up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment