Friday, November 4, 2016

November's Native American/Indigenous Peoples Heritage Month TBR!


I usually don't do monthly TBRs but I figured since I have been promoting Native American/Indigenous Peoples Heritage month so hard the last few weeks that I would give everyone a peek into what I hope to get to this month.



Green Grass, Running Water by Thomas King. I haven't read anything by Thomas King as of right now but I've heard about his diligent work in eliminating common stereotypes about Native Americans. King is Cherokee.




The Cure for Death by Lightning by Gail Anderson-Dargatz. "The cure for death by lightning was handwritten in thick, messy blue ink in my mother’s scrapbook, under the recipe for my father’s favourite oatcakes: Dunk the dead by lightning in a cold water bath for two hours and if still dead, add vinegar and soak for an hour more." (With a beginning summary like that, who wouldn't want to read this book?)




My Name is Seepeetza by Shirley Sterling. Takes a look at residential schools.




The Other Slavery by Andres Resendez. I'm very excited to read this one. Nonfiction.




The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse By Louise Erdrich. I've loved everything I've read by Louise Erdrich and I can't imagine this one will be any different.




This is a very small list. I usually read between 15-20 books every month but with YallFest and NaNoWriMo going on this month, I didn't want to make a huge TBR list that I would have no chance of finishing.


I hope you find a book you'll enjoy from my previous post and celebrate Native American/Indigenous Peoples Month with me!











No comments:

Post a Comment